Sunday, April 20, 2008

P90X - Classic - Char's Day 1



You ever had your ego shattered and you were the only one in the room?

Well that has been my experience this morning....

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW (a'la Flava Flav)

I made it through both rounds of the the Chest & Back video.

Since my Resistance Bands haven't arrived yet I modified it a bit.

I did it with no weights and I don't have a chin up bar. (My resistance bands will do the job of both of these when they arrive sometime this week.

I surprised myself at how many push ups I was able to do over the course of the entire workout (73) I have very little upper body strength and ZERO core strength.

After an hour of the Chest & Back... I didn't have the strength to complete the 20 minute Ab Ripper X.

My goal the next time I do the Chest & Back is to add on more rep to each of the excercises. There were for exercises that I couldn't do at all (wide front pull-ups, Reverse Grip Chin-Ups, Closed Grip Overhand Pull-ups, Decline Push-ups, Dive-Bomber Push-ups, Ab Ripper X)... but I am not going to be too down about it. I did more in this one workout than I have in most of the exercising that I have ever done.

I know that all of the chin-ups will be done the next time because I will have my Resistance Bands by the next time... as my strength builds... I'll be able to do those other three.

I am going to buy that recovery drink and the performance bars from the beach body site... or maybe I'll see what GNC has available... apparently the one on the BeachBody site is pretty good... and specially formulated for the P90X workout... I was feeling nausea during the workout... so I know I need something more than water to get me through.

Can't wait to see what my girls post regarding there experience with the Core Synergenics workout.

All in all... I am excited... and tired as hell! See ya tomorrow folx!

No comments: